Ground Shrimp…..A Dip
Icollect old cookbooks i try to stick to Southern mostly, but any coastal, Delta ones i focus on, it what i was raised on.
In a cookbook from famous Auxiliary Taste & Tell Luncheons, in Wilmington NC, we find Ground Shrimp, an appetizer submitted by, Mrs. Eleanor James.
- 2 qt water
- 1 tbsp seafood boil seasoning
- 1 lb shrimp
- 5 oz prepared horseradish
- 1 lemon juice
- Mayonnaise to hold it together
- add seafood boil to boiling water, boil shrimp till done,
- clean devein shrimp,grind shrimp in food grinder
- add all ingredients mix well
- place in buttered mold
- refrigerate 4 hours or all night
- serve w crackers