12 June, 2016
Blackberry, Blueberry scones w maple syrup drizzle , and Real Bacon in the Convection gas oven…..its the real shizzle ma nizzle!
I had fresh blackberries, and blueberries, so i cheated a little, used frozen biscuits to make Blackberry, Blueberry scones, convection gas oven….. also had some real bacon from Jon Darling’s, Darling Farm in McClellanville, South Carolina, where they raise Katahdin, Dorper + St Croix sheep and Heritage pigs, and more.
Some of the best damn bacon the world has to offer!
How to cook bacon in a convection oven Preheat the oven to 400°F: Place a rack in the lower third of the oven, i use shelf 2. If you’re cooking multiple sheets of bacon, position a second rack in the top third of the oven. Arrange the bacon on a raised metal rack in a baking sheet that’s Lined with foil or parchment (this makes for an easy cleanup ). “yes you can cook it right on the foil or parchment flat without rack, but if you save your fat for later use you get a much cleaner oil with racks.”
For the scones, i used frozen biscuits, put berries on top with sugar, baked at 400 till brown, took out of oven drizzled maple syrup over them…
- Darling farms McClellanville, South Carolina. http://www.adarlingfarm.com/
- Darling farms FB https://www.facebook.com/Darling-FARM-710289032436239/
- Read a great short about Darling farm inThe Manual http://www.themanual.com/food-and-drink/meet-farmer-jon-darling-darling-farm/ “opens in new tab”
- Member of www.farmvetco.org FARMER VETERAN COALITION
- Great resource of info on food you eat. http://www.eatwild.com/products/socarolina.html